Microsoft Windows PC’s running on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon:-
In mobile devices Qualcomm’s Snapdragon processor already proved their dominance. Now Qualcomm is looking to apend this dominance in PC’s also. Asus and HP both announced “Windows on Qualcomm” devices. These devices include the Asus NovaGo and HP ENVY X2.
It is said that the performance will suffer on some apps. As browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox will be emulated on the machine which reduces the performance. Qualcomm promises to keep PC performance well-enough while making great improvements in battery life will be enough to convince OEMs.
Specifications of the above two devices :-
- Asus NovaGo 2 in 1 compatible laptop is claims to have a battery life of 22 hours that can lasts up to 30 days on standby.
- It comes in two variants- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage and 8GB RAM with 256GB storage.
- The price of the 4GB RAM variant is about $599 while 8GB RAM variant price is about $799.
HP ENVY X2:
- It comes with an 12.3 inch display with protection from Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- HP ENVY X2 runs on Windows 10 along with Snapdragon 835.
- It claims to have a battery life of 20 hours that can lasts up to 700 hours on standby.
- It has only 1 variant with 4GB RAM and 256GB storage.
Hope you guys are waiting for these devices.